Resources, Policies, Guidelines, Best Practices
Our list of recommended resources – including blog posts, videos and articles – that will get you on your way to social media success
UF Policies, Guidelines, Best Practices
- Social Media use, guidelines, and policy implications: Guidelines and references to current policy as it relates to the use of social media by UF employees
- Social Media Branding Guidelines (Google Doc)
- Getting approval for an official UF account
- Posts regarding the official UF Facebook Policy (strongly recommended): (Part 1, Part 2)
- Post the policy in your Facebook ‘about’ section, or
- Use the Involver Facebook Static HTML app to add the policy to your page.
- Social Media Communications Strategy – A simple strategy document to guide managers and administrators when determining whether to launch a social media account.
General Social Media Information
- “Social Media: Promises, Pitfalls and Perils” (Streaming Video) : Learn more about the safe and effective use of social media from a panel of UF law experts.
- UF Social Media listserv
- UF Social Media Managers – Facebook Group
- Social Media – UREL Blog
Social Media Management / Marketing
- Social Media Marketing with Facebook and Twitter- Lynda.com
- Requires UF authentication for free access
- Twitter for Business: The official guide about doing business on Twitter
- Twitter for Authors
- Social Media Quickstarter Guide to Twitter
- Facebook Pages Users Manual
- Social Media Quickstarter Guide to Facebook
- What is EdgeRank? – EdgeRankChecker Blog