Resources, Policies, Guidelines, Best Practices
Our list of recommended resources – including blog posts, videos and articles – that will get you on your way to social media success.
UF Policies, Guidelines, and Best Practices
- Social Media Official Use Policy: The purpose of this policy is to set forth the University of Florida requirements for the implementation and use of social media in an official capacity.
- Social Media use, guidelines, and policy implications: Guidelines and references to current policy as it relates to the use of social media by UF employees
- Social Media Branding Guidelines (Google Doc)
- Getting approval for an official UF account
- Posts regarding the official UF Facebook Policy (strongly recommended): (Part 1, Part 2)
- Post the policy in your Facebook ‘about’ section, or
Use the Involver Facebook Static HTML app to add the policy to your page.The Involver app has been discontinued and is no longer recommended.
- Social Media Communications Strategy – A simple strategy document to guide managers and administrators when determining whether to launch a social media account.
General Social Media Information
- “Social Media: Promises, Pitfalls and Perils” (Streaming Video) : Learn more about the safe and effective use of social media from a panel of UF law experts.
- UF Social Media listserv
- UF Social Media Managers – Facebook Group
- Social Media – UREL Blog