Public Records Requests
As a state agency, the University of Florida is required to provide public records in accordance with Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes.
Media: Send requests via email to email@example.com or call Janine Sikes at 352-392-0186. Please specify the document(s) you are looking for. It may be helpful to include date parameters, type of information sought, department name or unit and/or name of employee.
Members of the Public: Records requests can be made to any UF employee in writing, by telephone or in person , however, all records requests will be handled through the Office of Media Relations and Public Affairs. To make a request directly, call Florida Bridgewater-Alford at 352-392-0186, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees: Any public records requests you receive, even those from employees, should be forwarded to email@example.com. The Office of Media Relations and Public Affairs will then coordinate collection of the documents with the appropriate department or individual, provide them to General Counsel ‘s Office for review and redaction and finally disseminate them to the requestor.
Here are some basic guidelines:
- Public records requests may be made to any employee in writing, by telephone or in person.
- The person requesting the information does not have to identify himself/herself nor do they have to explain why they are requesting the information. However, contact information, preferably an email address, is necessary in order to notify the requestor when or if the records are available and if there will be a charge for them.
- Employees at no time should make a determination of what is or isn’t a public record in responding to requests. All documents require General Counsel review before release.
- Should there be a cost associated with producing the records, the requestor will be notified in advance.
- All records will be provided in an electronic format, if possible. Printed copies cost 15 cents a page.