Click here to review our updated price sheet.
The UF Photography department offers a wide variety of high quality, professional imaging services including:
- News releases
- Print and Web publications
- Marketing and fundraising
- Environmental portraiture for publications
- Formal portraiture for biography pages
- Architectural/facility photography
For consideration of your request we ask that you submit photo requests a minimum of 10 business days prior to the desired date. Our team of photographers produces photojournalism for our news office, editorial photography for use in our various publications as well as commercial photography that serves to advance the UF brand. With this in mind there are specific requirements and expectations for each type of photographic assignments that we take on.
These generally require the least amount of pre-planning, as we are observers there to accurately record what is taking place in a visually engaging and story-telling fashion. We understand that with the nature of news the standard 10-working-day notice might not be available but with our existing commitments please keep in mind that we may not be able to cover your breaking news story. Please ensure that you complete the photo request below. All fields will need to be filled so that proper key wording and archiving of the images can be done.
Editorial photography can be similar to photojournalism/news photography. Generally with this type of photography we like to work with the writers and graphic designers to make images that complement and also help readers understand and visualize the stories that we are telling. With these assignments please ensure that you give us a 10-working-day-advanced notice of when we are attempting to schedule a shoot. This should generally be fairly easy to do if we are brought in early enough in the editorial process. When the topics, subjects and stories are initially being decided upon would be the best time to have us in the conversation, as that will help us all be on the same page so that we can most effectively tell your subjects story through the images we produce. Please ensure that you complete the photo request below. All fields will need to be filled so that proper key wording and archiving of the images can be done.
This is the most involved and will take the most pre-planning and logistical work for all involved. In our organization what constitutes commercial photography? Any images destined for advertising and other types of printed or electronic collateral materials, such as brochures, posters, banners, etc. The first step is to discuss your goals and the audience you are trying to reach. Once we have a feel for who you are and what you want do, we can begin looking for ways to communicate that message visually. Here are some things you must consider when requesting commercial photography services:
- Who is/are your audience(s)?
- What key message(s) are you trying to convey?
- What format or distribution channel will you use to deliver your images? Print? The Web? What photography style will best convey your message(s)? Documentary? Portrait? Other?
- Who will handle the booking of rooms/spaces? The hiring or gathering of staff or models? Ensuring that security personnel and facilities personnel are alerted? Ensuring that the production crew is properly escorted? Logistics are often the most difficult and time-consuming part of a large photography project and we really need your help here.
- Is catering during your shoot(s) necessary? Snacks and drinks go a long way to keeping your crew and actors/subjects happy and energized during a shoot.
- We typically rely on the department or person requesting the photography to serve as a quasi-producer, meaning we rely on you to assist with identifying locations, reserving them and procuring your subjects (students, staff, etc.). Of course, we’re here to guide and counsel you on the logistics, but we need you to help in the heavy lifting. In other words, you can’t simply “hand-off” a photography project to us, dust your hands and wait for the final version. We’ll need you involved in the process.
- At any given time, our photography staff has multiple projects in the queue. We know and understand that your project is a high priority, but we are often juggling multiple high priorities. In cases where we simply cannot accommodate your request internally, we can recommend local or campus photographers who may be able to help. Their fees are reasonable and they do quality work.
Keeping these things in mind will help ensure that your photo shoot will go smoothly and will yield the images that best tell our stories and further the UF brand. Please contact us with any questions and to discuss your upcoming project.