The UF Office of Community Relations is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with individuals, governments and the business communities within the North Central Florida region.
UF Office of Community Relations
- Serves as an information resource and a point of contact for all members of the community.
- Interfaces with public officials and community leadership for the identification and resolution of issues of concern to both the university and the community.
- Promotes the university as a resource to the region.
- Creates opportunities for interface between the university and the community.
- Implements the annual University of Florida Campaign for Charities (UFCC). The (UFCC) is the multiagency charitable campaign that solicits donations from UF faculty and staff. For each of the last eight years, the campaign has raised more than $1 million for a wide variety of worthy causes in our area.
The mission of the Office of Community Relations is to facilitate and enhance relationships within our city, county, and region.
UF recognizes that its goal of being one of the nation’s great universities will be reached, in part, through a strong partnership with a great region.
The Community Relations staff represents the university through community groups and business organizations – and through participation with area governments – to communicate the UF position on issues, and to increase awareness of the university’s contributions and resources in the region.